- 2 cups coarsely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 4 Scotch bonnet or habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- Cooking spray
Place first 15 ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
Slice pork lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side.
Open halves, laying each side flat.
Slice each half lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side; open flat.
Combine pork and green onion mixture in a dish or large zip-top plastic bag.
Cover or seal; marinate in refrigerator 3 to 24 hours. Remove pork from dish or bag; discard remaining marinade.
Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer registers 160° (slightly pink).