1. Jamaica is most famous for the sprawling luxury all inclusive resorts that flourish there and are a great option for newcomers to Jamaica.
2. Jamaica’s glistening white-sand beaches are one of the main reasons to take a trip.
3. Shopping is a good reason to visit Jamaica. Craft markets dot the entire island, featuring everything from art and specialty foods to unique Jamaican handicrafts. Tourists find duty-free goods like perfumes, watches, jewelry and designer clothes, as well as local crafts – all for good prices.
4. Water sports are prolific in Jamaica and visitors can indulge in various water related activities. They can choose from surfing, diving among the coral reefs, river rafting on Martha brae, and so on.
5. Jamaica is an excellent place to understand the culture of the Caribbean. It provides for a lot of historical sightseeing and there are many buildings on the island that’s till bear testimony to its colonial past.
6. Golfers will be delighted by the many wonderful courses, primarily in the Montego Bay area.
7. Jamaican cuisine is not for the faint of heart, it is piquant and sometimes very hot. However, with the influx of visitors, the locals have altered the traditional dishes to suit a wider palate. Most of the food is Caribbean in essence, however the national dish, Ackee and saltfish, is uniquely Jamaican.
8. Jamaica is a popular destination for weddings. The tropical climate and the exotic locale make for a very memorable location to exchange wedding vows.
9. Families will enjoy the many activities, great beaches, and many child-friendly resorts.
10. Nature lovers will be sure to be astounded at the variety and abundance of flora and fauna in Jamaica, as the island sits across a number of ecosystems. Jamaica is known for its bird-life in particular, with some of the most exotic colorful species adorning the many trees on the island.