- 1 lb day-old white bread (preferable hard bread)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups whole milk
- 5 eggs (beaten well)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with butter.
- Line the baking dish with wax paper
- Remove the crust from the bread
- Break up the bread into small portions.
- Combine the bread, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, rum, raisins, and melted butter in a mixing bowl.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Mix the condensed milk, eggs and whole milk
- Pour this over the bread mixture in the baking dish.
- Place the oven
- Bake for 1¼ hours. You can test if it is baked by inserting a small knife in the middle until it comes out clean.
erve warm or cool.
- Best served with Ice cream or whipped cream.
- Serves 6 to 8