- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 pounds chicken
- 2 cups canned coconut milk/cream
- 1 cup Red Stripe beer
- 1 Large onion (chopped)
- 1 large green bell pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken into serving pieces
- De-deseed green bell pepper and chop up onion
- Heat vegetable oil in Dutch pot
- Brown the chicken in oil (both sides)
- Remove the chicken
- Pour off some of the oil.
- Leave 2 table spoon of oil in the pot
- Return the chicken to the pot
- Add the coconut milk and red strip beer
- Once the pot is boiling reduce to heat to a simmer
- Cook for 30 minutes
- Add onion, bell pepper
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Let simmer for 15-20 minutes as the liquid reduces and thickens.
- If the liquid evaporates before the chicken is done replenish more Red Stripe beer.
- Serve while hot
- Serving size 4-6