Saying – “I DO” in Jamaica
Romance flourshies in our One Love paradise. Celebrate your special moment and enjoy your newly wedded bliss in the fascinating splendor of this island paradise. The sights, soudns and flavors of a Jamaican wedding and honeymoon are as varied and vivid as the imagination.
The immaculate white sands, sparkling waterfalls and rivers, majestic mountains and multi-colored gardens create magical settings in which to celebrate your special occasion.
Float down a quiet river on a bamboo raft made for two, bicycle along misty mountain trails, pick up a honeymoon memento at a local crart market or enjoy a candlelit dinner at a beachside restaurant.
Here in this One Love paradise, the perfect, intimate weddind and honeymoon awaits you…
For most of the resorts on the island the cost of the marriage license is already incorporated in the resort’s wedding package, however the US$200.oo government taxes and surcharge are an additional amount that needs to be paid within 7 days of confirming a wedding date adn time with your resort of choice.
Legal requirements for Marriage in Jamaica:
Visitors can be married just 24 hours after arriving in Jamaica providing prior application has been made for a marriage license.
The cost of a license is $4000 JDS ( approximately US $75.00 – US $80.00)
To apply for your marriage license, call the Ministry of National Security at 1-876-906-4908 or visit:
The Ministry of National Security
Mutual Life Building
2 Oxford Road, Kingston 5
Office Hours: Monday to Thursday 9:0o A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Unlike many countries, Jamaica does not expect you to take a blood test before getting married.
Documents required for Marriage in Jamaica:
- Proof of citizenship – certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father’s name
- Parent’s written consent if under 18 years of age
- Proof of divorce, if applicable (original certificate of divorce).
- Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower
- Italian nationals celebrating their wedding in Jamaica must notify their embassy and a certified copy of their marriage certificate forwarded to their embassy to be legalized and translated.
- Frend Canadians need a notarized translated copy of all documents and a photocopy of the original French documents
- There are non-denominational Marriage Officers who can officiate either at their offices, in their homes or at a place chosen by the couple, and are able to provide witnesses. Marriage Officers charge anywhere from US $50.00 to US $250.00
Catholic Church Weddings
In the case of Catholic Church weddings, your local parish priest would need to liaise with a priest on island to ensure that you have undertaken the necessary counseling period prior to the marriage and that you have met all the necessary criteria to enable you to be married in a Catholic Church. Other criteria may also be required – Just Ask Me…
All of these wedding details and marriage requirements are taken care of by your hotel from whom a variety of wedding packages are available. Our Ask Me Romance Experts can also arrange any other necessities such as additional floral arrangements, photography and videography, steel band music, Rehearsal Dinners and Receptions. Just Ask Me…
Call us today at 310-722-3099 and allow us to take the hassle and stress out of planning the perfect wedding in paradise! One Love…